Frequently asked questions regarding the use of Infinite Campus to check student progress
How do I get started?
- If you had a current email listed with the school, your activation keys (one per member of the household) were emailed around the 15th of September. High school students can get the codes from their CORE teachers. Use the activation keys to create accounts for each member of the household. Go to the link "Infinite Campus Parent and Student Portal" to start.
- What if I
don't have an activation key?
- Call the school or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please list all people in the household that need an activation key
- Do I always use this long activation
- No, that is only for starting the account. You will choose your own username and passwords.
- I activated my account, but I can't
activate my child's account. What is the problem?
- As of 10/7/2011, all student accounts were automatically created for students in grades 5-12. This allows them to follow their own progress. Parents can still use the account they created for themselves which allows them to track all students in the household. The automatically-created accounts use the students' 6-digit ID number for the username. The password is initials and birthday, e.g. ab010295.
- What should I use for a password?
- There are no restrictions on passwords, but they are not encrypted. Please do not use a password that you might also use for sensitive reasons, like banking.
What should I use for a username?
- The only restriction is that it must be unique. The system only allows one smithj, for example. Students should consider using their student ID number as a username.
- Why do I need an account for everyone?
- Separate accounts for students and parents allow students to check their own grades without invading the privacy of anyone else in the household. Parent accounts allow the parent to check each student without having to log in multiple times under different accounts.
- Can I see information for each child in the
family on one account?
- Yes, a parent account allows you to see all of the children at once. After logging in, there is a pull down selector at the top of the window to change the student.
- What if I don't see the pull down to change
- It is likely that you are logged in as a student rather than a parent. If you still have the activation keys, look for the one specifically for the parent to create the account.
- It is also possible that there was an error in setting up family relationships. If you believe that is the case, call the school or email email@example.com
- How do see grades once I log in?
- If you go to the student schedule, there is a grade book icon by the teachers' names. Click it to see detailed information about the class.
- How do I contact a teacher about a grade?
- There is an email icon for each teacher on the schedule too. Click there to start an email.
- What does a blank score mean?
- There are a few possibilities. It could be that the teacher hasn't entered the grade yet. It could be that the work has not been turned in. A blank grade is not calculated into the grade. If the score is explicitly listed as missing, it is counted as a zero. It may not be due yet- check the due date. The student might be able to explain the situation. Please email the teacher with further questions.
- Can I see transcripts or GPA?
- Not yet. We are still loading information into the system. That information should be available by November 2011.
E-mail comments regarding this site to firstname.lastname@example.org